Have you recently lost a loved one and are now the successor Trustee responsible for handling their estate?
The Trust Administration process can be overwhelming. Trustees have a legal responsibility as well as a fiduciary duty to act in the best interest of all beneficiaries when making decisions. We can help you navigate through the process from beginning to end.
Some of the steps involved in Trust Administration:
- Completing and filing forms and notifications with state and federal agencies
- Get Tax ID number for trust
- Valuing assets
- Evaluating potential tax consequences, providing advise
- Pay off any creditors
- Managing retirement accounts
- Retitling assets, as needed
- Funding sub-trusts
- FINALLY, transfer assets to beneficiaries
Peace of mind comes from working with a knowledgeable and experienced team. Feldman Law Group can assist you in the important and difficult tasks required to accomplish Trust Administration while minimizing your personal liability.
If you would like help from someone with more than 35 years of experience in these matters, reach out to Feldman Law Group online or call (925) 208-4543 and ask how you can get Aaron’s assistance today.